How can Photo Wall Décor promote your Brand?
Photo wall décor is another great way to promote your brand. It is an area that is often overlooked as a means to promote your brand. What else does it offer?
- Photo décor draws the eye, pulls together space, and makes your office space inviting.
- Stimulates conversation with visitors and staff
- Compliments/adds to the interior design of your office space
- Adds dimension and fills vacant wall space
- Showcase your products or services visually
- Images can be native to your organization or from pulled from stock of areas in your locale
A good example is Save On Foods. They regularly hire me to capture a signature photo for each store that is native to the area. This image is used as a banner image as you exit the store. Their goal is to show their grocery patrons that they are a part of the community and the exit image supports that theme.
SOF Fernie, BC store image
There are many ways of displaying a photo. The three most common ways are:
- Photo print mounted, matted and framed
- Somewhat limited in final size for walls
- Canvas prints
- Framed or unframed
- Not as limited for output size
- Metal Prints
- Most expensive form of output
- Abundance of sizes available
Resolution is directly related to image output size. The larger your output the more resolution your image file will need.
A good rule of thumb to determine the file resolution for output at 300ppi is to multiply the output image width and height in inches each by 300 pixels. For instance, the resolution required for an 8 x 10 is 8*300 x 10*300 = 2400 x 3000 pixels at 300ppi.
Common Output Sizes
11 x 14
16 x 20
20 x 24
24 x 30
30 x 40
40 x 60
3’ x 4’
3’ x 6’
4’ x 8’
Talk to your professional provider about image selection, resolution and substrate choices for all your wall décor needs. Don’t have one, give me a call/text at (780) 908-8960 and I’d be happy to guide you in discussing your wall décor options.